Sunday, March 6, 2011

We have a new rescue but he is critical - RIP BABY

Sammy was surrendered today in a very bad way. He is extremely poor and full of fluid which we think is Ascites which causes kidney, liver and heart failure. Sammy is very sick and is resting in our stables at the Gilston Rehabilitation center. The vet will be seeing him tomorrow and I will post an update when we have more information.
Sammy is a 10 year old registered pure QH gelding about 14.2hh.

3 days after Sammy was surrendered he passed away. Sadly, his little heart just couldnt take the pressure. Sammy's blood results showed chronic infection and his iron leaves were 18. At 15 he would have needed a blood transfusion. Sammy was chronicly anemic and he wasnt passing urine. Sadly, he was just to far gone. RIP beautiful baby boy.

I stood beside your bed last night, I came to have a peep.

I could see that you were crying; you found it hard to sleep.
I whinnied to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you. I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."
I was with you at my grave today; you tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you toward the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I put my head against you, nickered and said, "It's me."
You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know that I was standing there.
It's possible for me to be so near you every day.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled; I think you knew.
In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll gallop across to greet you, and we'll stand there side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there's so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out...then come home to be with me



If you would like to donate or help Save a Horse Australia rescue these beautiful lost souls please click on the link below for a list of ways you can help. Thank you all so much xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment